The CG Fund
In his memory, World Sleep Foundation, a nonprofit 501c(3) organization, has created an endowment in honor of this sleep pioneer.
PURPOSE To encourage young investigators in the field of sleep, especially in developing portions of the world, to advance Sleep Medicine & Research worldwide.
GOAL World Sleep Foundation’s goal is to raise $100,000, allowing for up to $1,000 travel grants to be awarded per recipient each year.
Contributing to the Christian Guilleminault Young Investigator Endowment Fund is tax deductible.
World Sleep Society presented the Christian Guilleminault Young Investigator Award to the following individuals:
Larissa C. Engert in recognition for research on Exposure to experimentally induced sleep disturbance affects the inflammatory resolution pathways in healthy humans presented at the SLEEP 2020 Virtual Meeting on August 27-30, 2020.
Lukas Krone in recognition for research on Cortical regulation of global sleep homeostasis presented at the ESRS Virtual Congress 2020 on September 22-24, 2020.
These young investigator awards were selected to encourage young investigators in the field of sleep, especially in developing portions of the world, to advance Sleep Medicine & Research worldwide.
Download the application for the sleep meeting in which you are presenting an abstract:
- SLEEP 2020, USA, VIRTUAL August 27-30 (Application period has ended.)
- 25th Congress of the European Sleep Research Society, Spain, VIRTUAL September 22-24, 2020 (Application period has ended.)
- IPSA 2020, Australia, VIRTUAL February 5-6, 2021
Present your abstract* to the sleep medicine and research audience at SLEEP 2020 (online, August 27-30), the 25th Congress of the European Sleep Research Society (online, September 22-24, 2020) or IPSA 2020 (Online, February 5-6, 2021) to be considered for an award from the Christian Guilleminault Young Investigator Endowment Fund. *Science will be collected and awarded regardless of if the conference is held virtually or postponed due to the current pandemic
Three Young or New Investigator Awards of travel grants up to $1,000 (USD) will be offered to qualifying individuals in honor of this important sleep pioneer. To apply, applicants must be eligible by meeting the following criteria:
YOUNG or NEW INVESTIGATORS
- 35-years-old or younger OR be less than 5 years post MD or PhD degree
- Abstract (poster or oral) must have already been accepted by one of the three sleep conferences mentioned above
- Application received by the World Sleep Society administrative office by the deadline on each conference’s application
Email the World Sleep Society administrative office with the following information:
- Date of MD or PhD completion
- Title of abstract
- Abstract number
- Name and contact details of mentor or adviser who can verify you meet the requirements
- A short letter (max 200 words) explaining why you are applying for this award
Promote ‘The CG Fund’
Download premade promotional items to tell your audience about this important young investigator fund in sleep medicine.
- PPT [CG Event PPT]
Use this PPT template to build a presentation about the award and its winners at your conference. Fill in the blank slides with the details about the winners selected.
- Flyer [Available in PDF]
Download for a digital flyer with details.
- Fund Logo [Available in PNG]
Download to use when promoting the upcoming application instructions and deadlines.
- Email wording [Email drafts in Word Doc]
Not sure what to say? Copy/paste the suggested wording about either the application process or the event reception to announce the winners.
- Social Media images
Use the promotional images below to get people talking about the fund and the pioneer behind the fund.